I generally don’t feel compelled to write about the games I play, but Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors has been demanding that I share my thoughts with the world since I first put the disk into my Wii.
The reason is that is fantastically fun to play, but it feels like it could have been so much better. The developers choose to use ONLY the wii-mote and not use the nun-chuck. This makes moving your character around incredibly awkward, but you don’t actually need to do that except when you are in town. When you go on a dungeon crawl, you are playing a game on rails. You control when you move forward, in most dungeons, and it takes you along a linear path with a couple of forks in the road which are handled by clicking on an arrow.
So, for the folks looking for a game with explorer dynamics, look somewhere else. If you are looking for a game that will get you on your feet swinging your wii-mote-sword wildly, then take a serious look at this game.
No comments:
Post a Comment